2.5 cups flour (gluten-free)
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
– 1 egg
– 1 cup pumpkin puree
– 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons melted butter
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup molasses
– 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, vegetable oil, molasses, and buttermilk until well combined.
- Add the fresh ginger and vanilla extract to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the turbinado sugar with the remaining teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.